Happy end-of-August! I hope you are having a wonderful ending to your summer and are ready for some FOOD SASS™ today.
Cauliflower is a largely unsung hero from the cruciferous family of veggies. And, as I often love the underdog, I am going to sing about this hero today. (Gladly for you, this is the written word, so you don’t have to actually listen to me sing!) As a reminder, the cruciferous family of veggies is full of cape-worthy superfoods that have many, many nutritional and health-building attributes, with the most famous being their anti-cancer properties. YAY!
Folks often think of cauliflower as kinda boring and bland, but with a little love, it can be uber-yummy! I loved this recipe that was written up in one of my health periodicals, The Well Being Journal, contributed by Diana Chaplin. Thanks, Diana!
Cauliflower with Garlic, Nori, and Sesame Seeds
- 1 head cauliflower
- 8-10 cloves garlic, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- ½ sheet nori, rolled and sliced (this is seaweed…can be purchased as health food store)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Optional garnish ingredients: fresh thyme, scallions, and/or Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place in a bowl. Add the garlic, sesame seeds, and salt. Mix.
- Grease a sheet pan with some of the butter, then melt the remaining butter and add to the bowl of cauliflower, mixing to coat evenly.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the sheet pan, pop it in the oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes. Stir a couple of times while baking.
- When most of the cauliflower has turned golden brown, remove from oven, mix in the slices nor, and place back in the oven for 2 more minutes to soften the nori.
- Remove from oven and serve it up! Add optional garnish ingredients for an even MORE yummy flavor and to add to visual appeal.
This is fantabulous as a side to grilled chicken or fish, with a big fluffy salad to add texture and color to your plate! Mmmmmm. And really, what on earth smells better than cooking garlic?! Okay, maybe a few things, but garlic is right up there, in my book!
What’s that you say? You’ve signed up for my Body Sass™ Cleanse Group Program, you’re SUPER excited, and you’re wondering if this recipe would fit within the Program guidelines? So glad you asked! YES, this recipe is 100% Body Sass™ Cleanse-friendly, so now you can be even MORE excited!
If you haven’t registered yet, there is one more week left to get yourself registered! Check out more info HERE, and be sure to check out my video that tells you about the Program, yes, but also provides you with free education and health measures you can take at home, on your own. Woo-hoo!
The Program starts on Sep 12, and registration closes at midnight on Monday, August 31. Join the growing group of soon-to-feel-amazing peeps!
The food you eat builds your body, every day, for better or for worse. Make choices for health!
With love & sass,