Today is Day 11 of the Body Sass® Cleanse Group Program. Woo-hooo!
“Laurie Warren. Who cares? I’m not doing the Cleanse this go-round.”
You care, because I found this amazingly fun, yummy Food Sass®-esque recipe that I shared with our Cleanse peeps on the private Facebook group this weekend…and I want to share it with you too!
I love fish, but sometimes I get in a rut with how I prepare it, and get bored with my own lack of Fish Sass® (haha! That’s not really trademarked, but wouldn’t that be funny? I get this mental image of this fish, all sassy with sparkly fins and eating all the best that the ocean has to offer. Anyways, let’s step out of my weird mind and back into the recipe.) SO, I found this great recipe on Epicurious and it’s 100% Food Sass®. (Okay, maybe I tweaked it a little.) AND, it’s a very unique flavor, with plenty of spice. If you can’t find that off-the-beaten-path chile (Fresno) that’s listed in the ingredients, don’t worry as it still tastes great without it.
Slow Roasted Black Cod with Red Chermoula
- ¼ bunch cilantro; finely chop stems, and set leaves aside for serving
- 1 Fresno chile, finely chopped (seeded for less heat, if desired)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. raw honey
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tbsp. Sherry vinegar, or red wine vinegar (plus more for optional drizzling)
- 1.5 lbs. skin-on black cod or cod fillet
- 2 pints Sun Gold or other cherry tomatoes
- Celtic sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a small bowl, mix first 10 ingredients (cilantro stems through vinegar). This is your chermoula. Set aside 3 tbsp. of this fantabulous chermoula for serving.
- Place fish in a 3-quart baking dish. Cut 1 pint of tomatoes in half and scatter around the fish, along with the remaining pint of whole tomatoes.
- Spoon the chermoula (not the 3 tbsp. you set aside…the rest of it) over tomatoes and fish, spreading it on the fish with the back of a spoon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and roast fish until cooked through and tomatoes are soft, and some have burst. (about 20-30 minutes)
- Transfer fish to platter, breaking into serving sizes. Remove and discard skin. Spoon tomatoes and roasting juices over and around fish.
- Top with the reserved (3 tbsp.) chermoula, then cilantro leaves. Drizzle with more vinegar, if desired. Serve to happy people. (or serve it to sad people, and watch them GET happy! 🙂
Great paired with my Sunset Salad and/or a big, hearty greens salad. Enjoy!
Create Vibrant Health: BodyMindSpirit®
With love & fish sass,