Happy November 🙂
I’ve missed posting BodyMindSpirit wellness insights each week and once this final post-beta reader edit of my manuscript is complete – end of December – I will be posting on a more frequent basis.
Speaking of beta readers, I’m consistently humbled on my authoring journey by how challenging it is to write the kind of book that I want to publish. I imagined that I would be “tweaking” the manuscript after my beta readers provided feedback. It turns out that I have the best beta-readers EVER. They provided so much thoughtful input on the manuscript that I’m currently deep into a massive editing process, which will make the book so much better for my readers. Three cheers and a heartfelt thank you to each of my six beta readers – Claudia, Darren, Diane, Jim, Monique and Wendy. xo
One thing I’ve done with fairly good consistency during this long writing journey is self-care (which inhabits an entire chapter in the book). This, of course, includes food choices and today I have a fantabulous, delicious, EASY Food Sass® recipe to share with you.
Time has shown me that cauliflower is a bit of an un-sung hero in the food family. You can read more about cauliflower’s superpowers, and paradoxical un-sung-ness, in a 2015 blog post where I shared a recipe for Cauliflower with Garlic, Nori, and Sesame Seeds. Cauliflower doesn’t have a strong taste of its own, which means you can dress is up in whatever kind of taste inspires your taste buds in the moment. Bravo for cauliflower’s award-winning flexibility.
This month, we’re dressing cauliflower up in a curry and onion theme and it’s heavenly. Why not shake up the traditional Thanksgiving fare a bit and bring in a new taste sensation? This Curried Lemon Cauliflower Roast is sure to create cauliflower converts.
Curried Lemon Cauliflower Roast
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and broken into florets
- 1/2 large yellow onion, peeled and cut root to tip into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- 1/3 c. avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C). Place a rack in the top third of your oven and select a large cookie sheet. You can line the cookie sheet with foil if you want clean-up ease.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, avocado oil, curry, salt, cinnamon, and pepper. Curry is staining, so be sure to whisk without spraying and you may want to don a cooking apron.
- Add the cauliflower florets and sliced onion to the bowl and toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread the bowl contents, in a single layer, on your cookie sheet and roast for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how soft or al dente you like your cauliflower. Enjoy!
Please note that there’s no need to spend the extra $$ on organic cauliflower; conventional is good. Remember you can dispel the organic v. conventional confusion by downloading the Dirty Dozen app, or by checking the list out at the Environmental Working Group.
Send my love to the raving cauliflower fans at your table, and be sure to make plenty, since the desire for second servings is highly likely!
Create Vibrant Health: BodyMindSpirit®
With love & Food Sass® fun,