Spring is springing, and many folks find their food desires shifting right along with the season. We often find ourselves wanting salads, light soups, or berries; whereas in the winter months we’re attracted to oatmeal, chili, or root vegetables. This makes sense, as our body naturally wants to clean out, detox, and lighten up after winter, so we become attracted to “lighter” foods.
So imagine my recent joy, when arriving at a small gathering, to find a huge salad being served for our dinner. And the dressing – OH, the dressing! It was nothing less than fantabulous and we were all raving about it. So of course I want to share it with you.
Creamy Green Goodness Dressing
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, all the leaves and most of the stems
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, de-stemmed, de-ribbed, and de-seeded
- 3 large cloves of fresh garlic, peeled
- Juice of three limes
- 1 6 oz. container of Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Trim the stem-ends of the cilantro, preserving as much stem as possible. The stems add both nutrition and flavor.
- Place the jalapeño and garlic cloves in a food processor or high-speed blender and pulse to mince.
- Add lime juice, cilantro, yogurt, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add the olive oil, and blend for just a few seconds, until mixed in.
- Taste and make any necessary seasoning adjustments.
YUM. This dressing blew my socks off, and more great news is that it will keep in the fridge for 5 days or so. Once you have this easy dressing made, make a kickin’ salad with plenty of chopped romaine. Then add extras that might include cooked chicken or seared tuna chunks, grape tomato halves, sweet bell peppers slices, artichoke heart pieces, cucumber slices, avocado chunks, or chickpeas.
This is some Food Sass® that will delight your taste buds and nourish your body. Enjoy, and let me know how you like it. Be prepared to fall madly in love with a salad dressing!
Create Vibrant Health: BodyMindSpirit®
With love and salad sass,