I have some nutritious and delicious FOOD SASS® to share with you today, on this first day of October. Wait. First day of October?!?!?! That means that….
One week from today is the launch event for my debut book, Wild World, Joyful Heart!! Yep, on Oct 8th in Medfield, MA we’ll be sounding a rally cry for YOUR empowered well-being. This is going to be a delightful evening of celebration, education, and connection, and seats are limited, so grab your FREE ticket now.
I can’t wait to share this special evening with you!
Okay, back to Food Sass®.
It’s football season and I’m often asked something along the lines of, “What can I serve at my football gathering that’s healthy and still football-y?” (If that’s not a word, it should be.) How about chili and chips? No one has to know that their football eats are loaded with nutrients—it’s our little secret 😉
And both of these can be prepared ahead of time to make game-day easy. Nice.
Party-Time Beet Chips
- 2 large beets
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- Celtic sea salt (optional)
- Place oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 350 F
- Wash beets, peel them if desired (I don’t), and slice into 1/16″-thick-rounds with a mandoline. You can also just slice the beets ultra-thin with a knife for a thicker chip. They’ll take longer to dry out in the oven and won’t be as crisp when cooled, but are still tasty!
- Toss beet slices with oil in a large bowl and arrange on rimmed baking sheets in a single layer.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired.
- Bake until edges begin to dry out. About 20 minutes.
- Switch baking sheets on top and bottom rack. (Put the top sheet on the bottom rack and the bottom sheet on the top rack.) Also rotate them so the front of the sheet is now in the back.
- Bake another 20 minutes, or until they start to lighten in color.
- Transfer to a wire rack so they can cool and continue to crisp.
- Eat em up or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
Using two baking sheets, you will need to go through this process again to get them all cooked. If you have 4 baking sheets, you can stack them, with the one on top slightly turned, 2 on each oven rack.
Delicious. This recipe pairs nicely with my Amazing Chili recipe. Hearty and crunchy comfort food that is both nutritious and crowd-pleasing!
Enjoy. And I hope to see you next Tuesday evening!
Create Vibrant Health: BodyMindSpirit®
With love and Food Sass,